Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Fluxx for American Girls

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 05 Apr 2008 10:30:49 -0400
> Check out Andy's thoughts on Patents.
> http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Andy/Games/PatentsAndLawsuits.html
>
> Andy's pretty cool about it.  I don't think he's going to be
> mad about this project, but we can wait to hear from him.

That's a very respectable attitude demonstrated there. I wish more
people could be like that! And I totally agree with Andy's serious
dislike of the way society is on average becoming more litigious. It
lends itself to all sorts of idiocy with warning labels, how schools are
run, attempts at making the 'net safer, etc.

I completely share the contempt for the litigious attitude. In a way, it's too bad that the laws require people to go after the little guys if you don't want it thrown out of court when you go after the big guys -- though I understand the reason for it.

Still, I have tremendous respect for how the Looneys handled the "Search, Ponder and Play" situation:
http://www.wunderland.com/LooneyLabs/Aquarius/Covenant.html
(Be sure to click on the link to Kristin's letter.)

So I'm sure they'll handle this situation with similar sensitivity. I hope the woman who did this nice creative thing is as approachable as the guy at Covenant was.