Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Unintended consequences

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 11 Aug 2008 12:05:17 -0500
I'm having a tough time with this.

One the one hand, I can see Andy's original intent and that perhaps he
might like to tighten it up.

On the other, it allowed for innovative play.  Innovative play can
often progress a game unexpectedly, like when the Shotgun was
introduced in IceHouse, and a maximum 30 was scored by a player with
all his pieces as defenders.  All of his attacks were using prisoners
and lots of restructuring.

It was all legal, played completely within the rules, but changed the
feel of the game somewhat (in a good way).

Now, I recognise this is not in the same class as that, but it's at
least something to consider.

Timothy