Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] A Turn for the Worst: Another Monty Python Fluxx anticipation pack

  • From"Bryan Stout" <bryan.stout@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 13 Sep 2008 15:09:43 -0400
"Something Completely Different", posted earlier, had only a subset of my Pythonesque ideas for new types of cards for Fluxx. Here is a second set, called "A Turn for the Worst", because all the cards have an impact on the player turn:

BASIC TURN SEQUENCE
These cards introduce several extra steps during a player's turn. To keep track of them, keep this card next to the Basic Rules card throughout the game. Unless superceded by a New Rule, the steps of a turn strictly follow this order:
- Give 1*
- Draw X
- Discard 1*
- Play Y
- Take 1*
- Hand Limit Z*
- Keeper Limit W*
- Trash 1*
*If in play.

New Rule
Give 1
"This redistribution of wealth is trickier than I thought."
At the start of your turn, before drawing cards, give 1 of the cards in your hand to another player.
In case of Backward Turns, do this step last.

New Rule
Discard 1
"My brain hurts!"
"It will have to come out."
During your turn, between drawing cards and playing them, discard 1 card from your hand.

New Rule
Take 1
"Stand and deliver! Your money, your jewelry, your . hang on ."
During your turn, between playing cards and applying Hand Limits, take 1 card at random from another player's hand and add it to yours.

New Rule
Trash 1
"This is silly. Stop that sketch. Come on, get out!"
As a final step in your turn, after Keeper Limits, discard 1 common Goal or New Rule card, even this one.
In case of Backward Turns, do this step first.

New Rule
Backward Turns
All Limits are ignored and the turn steps follow this order:
- Trash 1*
- Take 1*
- Play Y
- Discard 1*
- Draw X
- Give 1*
*If in play.
If you play or trash this card, end your turn with the steps that now follow "Play Y".

New Rule
Upper Class Twits
"This is extremely difficult as it requires absolutely expert co-ordination of mind and body."
During your turn you may do the Draw step or Play step, but not both.
If you've already done the Draw step, playing this card ends the Play step of your turn.

Keeper
BBC Announcement
"We interrupt this programme to annoy you and make things generally irritating for you." If this card is in front of you, you may discard it between turns to take a turn out of sequence. When that turn is over, the regular turn order continues.

This list has already been posted on BoardGameGeek: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/338474 , as well as pictures of the cards, starting here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/371929 .

Hope you enjoy them!

Bryan