Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Bring Out Your Dead + Lets Do That Again

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 12 Nov 2008 08:45:19 -0600
I would disagree.  When "order of discard pile" became important (I think it was when EcoFluxx was released, yes??) our group decided that to play an Action card is to play it and put it in the discard pile.

For example, Draw 2 And Use Them would be played... and it would go in the discard pile.  Then we would draw 2 cards, playing them in the order we wished, and resultant cards would go on top of D2&UT

Or, with Draw 3, Play 2 of them - play the Action D3P2oT, put that in the discard pile, draw 3 cards.  Play the 2 you wish, putting cards in the discard pile as appropriate, then discarding the 3rd card on top of everything as the final bit of D3P2oT.

However... pulling out the most recent wording of the Official Rules (from MPFluxx), it says:
"Actions are used once and discarded.  Just do whatever the card says, then place it on the Discard Pile."

(checking for typos this time... uh huh... check... then... yup, it's word-for-word right this time.)   : )

With this wording, I'm almost inclined to go with your interpretation - hold the card out while the action on the card is being resolved - THEN place it in the Discard pile.

Sigh... I suppose this is time for another Andy ruling, isn't it?  Fluxx isn't supposed to be this complicated!!  : )

Carol