Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Flower and Traitor questions

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 3 Aug 2009 07:21:11 -0400
What great questions!  Here are my initial thoughts:

> - The Flower promo card counts as either Love or Death.... but Death is a
> Creeper now.  Is the Flower considered a non-Creeper version of Death?

The "counts as" phrase refers to fulfilling Goal conditions, so I would say Yes.

> - The Traitor promo card gets a bit weird around other Creepers.

I'll say!  Here's what it says, for reference: "If you have this card,
you cannot win by meeting the current Goal. However, if another player
meets the Goal, you win instead of them. This card moves to the
current player whenever a New Rule is played."

>   - Suppose I have the Traitor and another Creeper - Death, for instance.
>  Someone else fulfills the current Goal condition.  Do I win, or does the
> Creeper stop me?

This seems pretty straight-forward: Yes, Death stops you, so no, you don't win.

>   - Same scenario... except now the other player has Death, not me.  Said
> other player fulfills the Goal... but it's not one that requires/allows
> Death.  So, since he doesn't win, that means I don't?

I would say you do win.  The Traitor Creeper text refers to meeting
the Goal conditions, not to winning per se.  That is, it says "if
another player meets the Goal", not "if another player wins".  The
other player meets the Goal conditions, so you win.  Death stops him
from winning despite meeting the conditions, but it doesn't stop you.

Regards,
Bryan