Looney Labs Geeks Mailing list Archive

RE: [Geeks] Re: [Rabbits] List problem

  • From"Christopher Hickman" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 8 Jun 2005 15:50:50 -0400
But the "new" Reply-To munging simply *adds* the list reply address to
whatever your original message had in the Reply-To.

Isn't that the best of both worlds?  I simply clicked Reply in my mail
client, and it created this reply to both the list and to you.  You are
happy and I am happy.

Let's all rejoice and move on. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: geeks-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geeks-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tim Seiger
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 3:43 PM
To: Rabbits Discussion List; geeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Geeks] Re: [Rabbits] List problem

Since I am one of the people who uses Reply-to to attempt to re-direct
replies through my one permanent re-directing address, I would like to
see reply-to munging stop.
But I also accept that it has become a defacto standard that isn't
likely to change.
Also, I think it's time this discussing migrates to the geeks list.

-Tim