Looney Labs Geeks Mailing list Archive

[Geeks] Re: [Rabbits] List problem

  • Fromkerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
  • DateWed, 08 Jun 2005 21:09:17 +0000
> Yes, and it's a PITA to have to use "reply all" and then manually delete the
> author so they don't get the message twice.
>   -- Angi

But if the mailing list program is being modified to NOT put itself int he Reply-To, it could also be enhanced to check the list of Cc addresses and NOT forward the message on to those addresses.  (They're already getting one copy.)

...or would that cause other problems?

Wait, even cleverer: How about a mail list program that handles multiple lists being smart enough to recognize a message sent to multiple lists and not send duplicates to any given person.  Yeah, that'd be cool.

Doug,
If the mailing list isn't in the Reply-To field, where would it be, the Cc field?  Correct me if I'm wrong, if the original sender included a Reply-To field then when a user hit "Reply All" a "reasonable" mail client would send replies to that Reply-To address plus any Cc addresses but NOT the From address.

> But yes, adding to the reply-to, instead of clobbering seems safer to
> me (although it also probab/y means more duplicate emails for me....)
>
> -Tim

...except for the Least Surprise principle mentioned on the page Doug cited.

Ryan

--- Begin Message ---
  • Fromangilong@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • DateWed, 8 Jun 2005 18:53:20 +0000