Looney Labs Geeks Mailing list Archive

Re: [Geeks] Binary Dice

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 01 Mar 2007 14:36:50 -0800
On Thursday, March 01, 2007, at 03:59PM, "Pat" <xenophule@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>So, I was playing D&D last night and the discussion came up on how cool it
>would be to own a set of dice whose face numbers were in binary. You know,
>001 for one, 10100 for twenty, etc., but this is proving to be more
>difficult that it seems to find, so I thought I'd throw it out to you guys
>in hopes that someone will find something.

Never heard of anything for D20, but I made binary D6 dice out of wood because of their prominence in my favorite book growing up, Christopher, about a kid (named Christopher) who learned a bunch of sweet powers from this weird psionics teacher guy.

Anyway, that aside, I personally feel that binary notation is best saved for dice that have a number of faces equal to a power of two, like a D4 or D8. :)