Looney Labs Geeks Mailing list Archive

Re: [Geeks] Web Forum Options for Looney Labs' Lists

  • FromJoshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 6 Nov 2009 15:14:35 -0600
Olle Johansson writes:
>Unfortunately, it's practically impossible. Yes, you can have
>mailinglists which have html archives where you could post stuff, and
>you could have forums with email integration.

It isn't, really.

The Right Way (well, a right way, and a right easy way) is to use a mail<->new gateway, and
a front end on top of the usenet server to make it look much like a
forum.

In this way, you end up with forum goodness with an understructure
that looks, oddly enough, exactly like email.

Weirdly enough, mailman supports mail<->news gateways in the core.
But again, someone would have to maintain the usenet gateway and drop
a pretty front end on top.

>Nowadays I can't even reply properly to emails, as you can see.

Yeah. So what's with the top posting?

--
       Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\      _,,,--,,_  ,)
--^--   "Did you know, if you increment enough, you   /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'