Re: [Icehouse] Treehouse: Alternate packaging?

  • FromAndy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 05 Feb 2006 08:22:35 -0500
Like Kristin said, we've tried this. I mean, we really did try it. When we first started putting the pieces in tubes, we created a folded 2-panel insert, rather than the stickers we came up with later. We got 'em printed and everything! And then, our assembly team tried using them... and it was a disaster! They were so tight, the already difficult job of assembly became a total nightmare. It was so bad that we threw them away (well, recycled) and did something else.

I'm sure it seems like this should work. We thought so, too, at one time.

--On February 4, 2006 1:55:18 PM -0500 Karl von Laudermann <karlvonl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 4, 2006, at 1:34 PM, Kristin Looney wrote:

> this was originally our plan...   but there isn't room
>
> the tubes fit the pyramids perfectly - no room for a slip of
> paper.  :(

Huh? I just tried slipping a piece of paper, folded around the  corner,
into the tube of my cyan stash, and it went in just fine.  Granted, it's
a *little* tight at the corner, because the corners are  rounded, but
that just means that the paper doesn't just fall in, it  has to be
pushed. Also, the paper I used isn't very thick; 20 lb.  weight I
believe. But it seems doable. Or have you switched to  tighter tubes
recently? My cyan stash is from back whenever they  first became
available to rabbits.

--
                 Karl von Laudermann
                 karlvonl@xxxxxxx