[Icehouse] IceTowers Tournament at Origins

  • Fromkerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx
  • DateTue, 18 Apr 2006 19:13:01 +0000
[The audience for this is Origins Players, as opposed to Origins Planners.]

I have a question about the format for an IceTowers tounament and would like to collect opinions from those that have played.

I like the totalScore * (wins + 1) calculation borrowed from Icehouse ice-offs, but I'm not so sure that IceTowers needs a finals round.  What do you all think?

On the one hand, having the best so-many players move onto the finals does add a certain amount of drama to the tourney.  On the other hand, it would suck to do amazingly well in the prelims only to have it all count for nothing in the finals.  If you have only one game in the finals, then it's more likely the best player doesn't win.  But if you have multiple games in the finals, it tends to take too much time.

Right now I'm leaning toward getting rid of the IceTowers finals, but I'm willing to be persuaded to keep them.

Ryan