Re: [Icehouse] IIT Long Form Report

  • FromRoss Andrews <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 5 Jul 2006 20:38:47 -0500
Hey Ross, please post a Treehouse tournament report! We want to
know what happened, how it went, who won!

Oh dear, I'm not sure I can do that, I didn't write down who won (for myself, the tournament report had it).

The tournament was a sort of one-and-a-half elimination. I had four tables of three with the winners going to the finals. About three minutes later I realized that one game of Treehouse does not a preliminary round make, and changed the finals (which were originally going to be the same way) so that the first player to get three wins got the medallion. As it was, the finals still weren't particularly long.

I really think this should be a floating tournament next year, maybe with report cards having space for more than one game (imagine the waste of paper if they didn't!). Definitely not the best tournament I've ever run. Sorry about that.

--Ross