Re: [Icehouse] [3House] BH using Xeno colors

  • From"Don Sheldon" <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 27 Jul 2006 12:18:21 -0400
On 7/27/06, Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Let's be clear (pun, as always, intended). I was merely clarifying the
terminology that was mentioned. I'm not saying that it should apply to BH as
such. Colorless energy (or mana) is a specific type, disparate of the
various other types.  The game rules in Pokemon and Magic allow generic
costs to be paid with any type, and colored cost to be paid with only the
matching type.  The existence of generic vs. specific costs does not lessen
the fact colorless is a type of its own.

Of course.  I'm just saying (which might be a completely spurious
discussion) that using the word "colorless", talking about the use of
that word in magic, and then trying to tie it to Homeworlds made my
brain cry havoc and let lose the dogs of "ack no!"

Besides, we're losing sight of the fact that Icehouse is a game system.
Perhaps some games may define clear as a "generic" pyramid.  Others may not.
In the scope of this discussion, the BH rules define specific actions to
specific colors, so clear pyramids are first class citizens next to the
other colors.

Agree completely

--