RE: [Icehouse] [3House] BH using Xeno colors

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 26 Jul 2006 14:01:27 -0400
Christopher Hickman writes:
 > > Why not just call "Clear" "Transparent"?
 >
 > Because eeyore will have to tell us all again that all of the non-opaque
 > pyramids are transparent:
 > http://lists.looneylabs.com/pipermail/icehouse/2006-February/000418.html

But all of the non-opaque pyramids are clear as well.  Colloquially,
"clear" and "transparent" are pretty much synonyms.  The
distinguishing factor of Clear pyramids from other non-opaque pyramids
is that they are colorless (achromatic).

At least that's how I was taught by my high school chemistry teacher...

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx