Re: [Icehouse] Re: ZPIPs produced!

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 12 Mar 2007 10:52:43 -0400
On Mar 12, 2007, at 10:14 AM, Christopher Hickman wrote:

On March 11, 2007  Robert Bryan <rbryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Finally, the pieces I have on hand and am willing to sacrifice are 3 of each of the 4 standard colors; exactly what's needed for a pocket sized Homeworlds set. I'm going to go ahead and turn them into ZPIPs. I will give them, absolutely free, to the next person who beats me at Homeworlds
on Super Duper Games.

That's cool. Homeworlds is pretty deep on strategy, right? I mean, what are my chances of actually winning a game against you if I don't yet know
how to play? (Not really, I mean, I've read the rules and seen Andy's
Bluebird video, but I don't *really* know how to play.)

The chances of winning against a relatively experienced player if it's your first game are pretty damn low. It's still possible for more experienced players to make a mistake, but not likely.

So, you should play a few fast games of Homeworlds to get up to speed, and then challenge him. Just 3 or 4 games can really help you get a feel for the basic strategies of the game. It won't make you an expert, but it will help a lot.