[Icehouse] Icehousegames.org Wiki Administration

  • DateThu, 12 Apr 2007 10:00:43 -0700
I am posting to the list because it seems that Admin Requests don't lead
to much, from within the wiki.

I'd like to address various updates and requests, all at once:

1) I have done some clean-up of the Choosing Games page:
http://icehousegames.org/wiki/?title=Choosing_games

If you are a game designer, I recommend that you head over to that page
and begin to update it for your game(s). There's 170 games on the wiki,
but probably only thirty or so actually are sorted into all those
sections. Though if a game's basic rules are still in flux (# of
players/stashes/equipment), you'd be making more work for yourself to
section sorting; might want to wait on those.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Try to ONLY update the sub-section that you need to, and
try to be VERY quick about it (i.e. don't spend ten minutes putting in
one bullet and your link--have it ready on your clipboard, paste it,
and save the section fast). Otherwise, we are going to get a LOT of
"collision" postings, as folks simultaneously update sections.

2) Is there an admin for the wiki on this list? If so, could you check
out the Main Page Talk, as there are several good ideas that require an
admin to implement. Perhaps there's a Special Page that you could check
which collects the Requests?

3) Related to (2) above, what does it take to get admin status on the
wiki? I am the source of three current Admin Requests which I could
have gone ahead and just done in a matter of minutes, given
permissions. In particular:
* Redirecting folks away from the broken Upload Images Special Page to
the explanation that it's broken.
* Adding a major section link (Choosing Games--GREAT for new users!) to
the main Navigation Panel.
* Adding a "Designer Roadmap" link to the Toolbox, and creating an
overview page for how to get your game into all the various
navigation/sorting pages.

4) Has anyone published games ONLY to S.L.I.C.K. that are not on the
wiki? If so, you might want to copy to the wiki (or try to get someone
to do it for you), particularly if it could be included in the upcoming
"Single Stash/Treehouse Set Games" free PDF. I will not be searching
S.L.I.C.K. for SS/TH games.

Thanks, all!
David