Re: [Icehouse] 3HOUSE proofreading opportunity!

  • FromCarl Worth <cworth@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 23 May 2007 06:24:18 -0700
On Wed, 23 May 2007 09:36:51 -0400, Andy Looney wrote:
> Please note however that I'm not planning to say Yes to everyone who asks.
> I still haven't announced any details on the 3rd game, and I'm keen on
> keeping it shrouded in mystery until 3HOUSE is actually released. That
> said, I don't feel like making the proofreaders sign NDAs, so I'm not
> likely to choose you if I don't know anything about you. Therefore, the
> more of a stranger you are to me, the more you need to tell me in your
> email about why you should get to be a 3HOUSE proof-reader.

Hi Andy,

I'd be glad to help proofread 3HOUSE. I consider myself fairly adept
at proofreading technical writing, (and I consider game instructions
to be technical since there's such a need for precision).

I'd have no interest in leaking information about your new secret
game, and I would definitely not do that if you were to choose me to
help proofread.

Hmm... what can I tell you to help you trust me? (Too bad I discovered
LooneyLabs games only after moving from Fairfax County, VA to
Oregon---else it would have been much easier for me to meet you at any
point.) I can say that I'm an Eagle Scout, and a scout is
trustworthy. Also, how would I dare betray the Emperor of the Known
Universe?

Anyway, totally your call of course. But I would be glad to help,
(otherwise I'll still be excited to buy the book as soon as possible,
and I'll try not to taunt you *too* much if I notice any typos after
it's published). ;-)

Keep up the great work!

-Carl