Re: [Icehouse] online gaming (was Re: Shotgunning)

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 19 Jul 2007 12:15:45 -0500
On 7/19/07, Dale Newfield <Dale@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.efran.org/embassy/xicehouse.html

Interesting - I'm not sure I'd want to run that on anything other than
a local network.  IN the rules listed there...

The first two pieces you play must be defensive pieces. The game will not allow you to place
an offensive piece until you have placed two defensive pieces.

Pity.  One thing that can be interesting is if someone places several
attackers before placing both their defenders, if action is moving on
quickly at the start of the game.  If it's noticed, and meltdown is
called, all their attackers get removed.  That's importantly different
from preventing someone from placing attackers in meltdown (and indeed
would likely have seriously affected one of the tournament final games
- if Eeyore had not *been able* to place his attacker (or, more
accurately, noticed he was in meltdown before he'd attempted to
place), Josh would more than likely have got there.  As it was, Josh
conceding to Eeyore's attempt meant Josh moved on to something else,
so when Eeyore realised and removed his piece, I was able to get in
with my defender to fortress.

Timothy