Re: [Icehouse] another introduction

  • From"Jason Darrah" <fsckmydisk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 23 Aug 2007 15:39:43 -0400
On 8/22/07, Carol Townsend <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Best Martian Chess moment this year: Beating Andy in a 4-player game in Andy vs. Everybody.  Granted, he whipped my butt in a 2-player game just before that, but hey - I can say I've beaten Andy.  :)

I managed to come out with a win in a (my first) 4 player game of Martian Chess in Andy vs. Everybody. This was shortly after being "banned" from Fluxx for winning something like 4 games in a row. ;)

I'm a lot more proud of my Martian Chess win, though, for a few reasons. Fluxx is good, but I'm totally addicted to Icehouse games. Not to mention the fact that there's more strategy involved - most of which I learned by observing Andy's style of play. The first several turns where I was getting thoroughly trounced were especially helpful! So yeah. That would be my Martian Chess moment of the year as well.

(Of course if I get to play him next year, I'm sure I'll get completely and utterly annihilated, but then I can brag that I got completely and utterly annihilated by the creator of the game too! Either way, I get bragging rights!)