Re: [Icehouse] Zendo, another way to play

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 24 Aug 2007 12:15:52 -0400
Andrew Plotkin writes:
 > So no Mondo calls. You go around making koans and calling "Master?" until
 > you think you know the rule. Then you say "I am enlightened!" and build a
 > koan and mark it. You keep doing that on your turn for the rest of the
 > game -- unless of course you turn out *not* to be enlightened, in which
 > case you go back to being a student again.
 >
 > I see two failure modes there. First, the players might get stuck unable
 > to make any white (or black) koans. [...] The other failure is when
 > all the players agree on a rule that's wrong.

I think you could fix both of these by having the master build the
koan on the putatively-enlightened player's turn, and the player would
mark it and the master would declare it correct or incorrect.

You could also go the full Eleusis route and have the player claiming
to be enlightened mark the other players' koans instead of the master.
Not sure what to do when multiple players claim enlightenment-- maybe
have them do a mondo-style simultaneous marking?

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx