Re: [Icehouse] Icehouse Loco Colors

  • FromDennis Duquette <dennisdduquette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Sep 2007 05:17:32 -0700 (PDT)
--- Jeff Zeitlin <icehouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I like the idea of a Nature color set - "Eco" has
> previously been
> proposed, and it goes with EcoFluxx
>
> Brown (opaque)  - For ground, earth
> Forest green (darker than the existing green) - For trees
> Smoke (transparent grey or black, depending) - for stone
> Magenta - for tropical fish, or flowers - but only
> because it's
>           supposedly a required color; I'd use lavendar
> (lighter than
>           the existing purple) for flowers otherwise.

Magenta is required to go with black, cyan and yellow for
the folks who want to complete the subtractive (printing)
primary colors. As far as I know, this is for educators,
though someone or some few may have (a) game kernel(s)
waiting for magenta out there.

> If we used Lavendar, I'd include a blood-red (darker than
> the existing
> red), for blood/animals, as the fifth color. With Magenta
> in there, I
> can't come up with a fifth color that I like for this
> set.

The fifth color I prefer is a translucent tan (sand) for
eco treehouse.

> I'd save the Magenta/Hot Pink for the next set, which
> would be the true
> "Loco" set, and I'd load THAT one up with NEON or
> FLUORESCENT colors.

I would be surprised if there is another set after Eco/Loco
is released. That seems to lead to the "too many SKUs" that
killed the monochrome stashes.

Dennis D Duquette

Theorem:
All numbers are equal.

Proof:
Choose arbitrary a and b, and let t = a + b.
(a + b)(a - b) = t(a - b)
a^2 - b^2 = ta - tb
a^2 - ta = b^2 - tb
a^2 - ta + (t^2)/4 = b^2 - tb + (t^2)/4