Re: [Icehouse] Trip Away rules questions

  • From"Avri Klemer" <avri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 4 Sep 2007 15:47:40 -0400
I agree with Dale on these points. I threw a big IGDC party over the weekend, played all 8 games, and have questions about a couple.

I have to say, however, I am seriously impressed with the quality of entries. I think 5 of the 8 will receive regularl play whenever I pull out a Treehouse set or 5, to add to Pikemen, Blam! and Binary Homeworlds. Two games which I had been unsure about from the rules, turned out to be favorites!

Also, if anyone has questions about Penguin Soccer, I am happy to answer them either before or after September 17, on list or off. Or, you could just head over to SuperDuperGames to play both Penguin Soccer and Subdivision (and possibly even Pylon, depending how quickly it gets coded!) in a setting that will not allow malformed moves!

Looking forward to another IGDC event on Thursday - I'm going to be at Neutral Ground in Manhattan from 6 pm if anyone in the NY Metro area wants another chance to playtest . . .

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale Sheldon" <dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

So are you saying no one should answer these questions now, or that one should not take the answers into consideration when judging the games? Because I can agree with the second, but not the first.

I was also confused while reading the rules to Trip Away, and if I were to judge it as-is, I'd have to mark it dead last, as it seems to be entirely unplayable (or at least, the method of play is entirely indecipherable) as written. Which is a shame, because I was hoping to have another single treehouse-stash game to play. That does, however, seem to be the only fair thing to do.

But I'd still like to know the answers to those questions sooner rather than later. (I promise not to let it influence my judging!)

--
Dale Sheldon
dales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx