Re: [Icehouse] Move the Wiki, Even If It Means a New Domain Name (Warning: long and language)

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 19 Sep 2007 16:29:27 -0500
David,

I have to admit that while I share your frustrations, I'm a little
disappointed in the way you've handled it.  Yes, Mike has been rude to
you, but there really was no need to be quite so rude back.

That said, I know that MIke has been asked to add some admins.  I
suggested that he add those who are admins of the Rabbit wiki (one of
whom is in fact a wikipedia admin), and have been exceedingly
disappointed in the lack of progress on that, especially as he
continually claims a lack of time to perform the admin duties in a
timely manner.

I'm not sure that moving the domain to the Looneys is appropriate.  As
I have said before, they simply do not have the time for it, even to
oversee it, unless it can be done in such a way that they have a
one-time involvement, and then hand it off to trusted users to oversee
it.

Whatever happens, I think it's essential that there be multiple admins
for whatever site we end up with.

Timothy