Re: [Icehouse] Move the Wiki, Even If It Means a New Domain Name (Warning: long and language)

  • From"Laurie J. Rich" <knitmeapony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 19 Sep 2007 16:33:05 -0500
Hey -- I won't weigh in on the discussion, as I mostly lurk here.  But
I do have an unlimited hosting package with my host provider (which is
somewhat of a misleading term, bandwidth isn't unlimited, but I have
gigs and gigs of space and bandwidth so no worries) and I have
hosted/run MediaWiki and other wiki software on my site before (mostly
for RPGs I've run).

If someone can help me with technical details like redirects, I'll
gladly install a new subdirectory on my domain, install MediaWiki and
assign admin status to the suggested individual.

Note I'll only do this if the consensus is 'move' -- I don't want to
divide or polarize a group, I hate that kind of nonsense -- but I have
the resources if people are willing to put in the effort.

Laurie