RE: Discussion paradigms (was Re: [Icehouse] IGDC Winter (and beyond))

  • FromChris Goodwin <cgoodwin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 04 Oct 2007 13:01:21 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, David Artman wrote:

On 10/4/07, Don Sheldon <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
By which I of course mean "two and half, almost three."

Yeah, I should have my Gmail account on the lists, here. I just like
using my main domain e-mail with its paltry 10 MB (because it expects me
to pull down e-mails, like, every ten minutes or whatever; but I haven't
in months).

It's funny, but I actually have come to abhor offline e-mail clients,
because I have (or use) so many computers that it's a pain to try to
maintain local e-mail on just oen of them (never mind scattered across
several of them). It's the same reason I don't bother with offline HTML
editors anymore, now that I have online editors on all my sites, be they
wikis, CMSs, or forums--or just a quick FTP down, edit in Notepad, and
FTP back up of simple pages. ...And occasionally Google Docs (I NEVER
remember that I have those available for piddly stuff!).

I use gmail, with fetchmail on my primary system (Debian etch) to pull messages down, and pine to read them locally. They're all still on gmail if I want to get them while I'm away from home. Win win, as far as I'm concerned.

--
Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@xxxxxxxxx