Re: [Icehouse] OT: Oh No

  • FromJoseph Pate <jpate@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 11 Oct 2007 13:58:29 -0700 (PDT)
I have the "Daddy, do something!  AhhhhAAAAhhhhhhhh!" scene stuck in my
head (fitting, since it was a time loop on the episode, IIRC)

My opinion on this:  instead of trying to cash in on nostalgia and
worrying about whether you get it right or not, make something the way
you want to make it, and offer it up.  Silly parody?  Fine.

The gray area, of course, is if you end up with a show *mostly* like
LotL, then you've just ripped off LotL.  However, I think the difference
between that and a 'remake with a twist' is just semantics.  I do have
to confess that I really did like the two Brady Bunch movie remakes --
really moving Gary Cole from "that random guy from Midnight Caller" to
comedy gold -- only further cemented when I finally saw Office Space.
So what I'm saying is, I don't know what I'm saying.  Why are you
still reading this?  I'll shut up now.

Cheers,
	 Ankhst

breakdown below pts rule name              description ----