Re: [Icehouse] XII IIT Finals Online

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 27 Nov 2007 07:38:08 -0800 (PST)
Don S. wrote:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QWUkZGVobY
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXfChsy1iNU
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXfChsy1iNU
>
> These are awesome.  I plan to watch these very carefully when I get
> home.  Thanks eeyore!

Hopefully more carefully than I copypasted the URLs. The second URL
should be -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y32IT0POCc

> My unsubstantiated gut instinct is that an "underhead" shot would
> be better as it would avoid people's hands and heads.  It would,
> of course, require a glass table and I'm not sure how conducive
> that is to a stable game of Icehouse (unless you've got rubberized
> pieces or something).

The glass table itself is not a problem for playing Icehouse. Glass
is not as slick as you might think. I've been considering removing
the "nostril view" aspect of the under-table view by frosting the
top surface of the glass, but then you might not be able to see who
is doing what. Piece placement should still show clearly, though.

> In the perfect land of puppies and candy that is my imagination
> that's how someone goes about making the supreme "how to play
> icehouse" instructional video.

Even as somebody who understands Icehouse well, I find it difficult
to follow a game of it in which I am not participating.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx