Re: [Icehouse] The IHG Wiki

  • From"Jorge Arroyo" <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 20 Feb 2008 02:22:48 +0100
Yeah, but what I mean is an automatic system. When I submit an icehouse game, or a piecepack game, I can't say it's part of a game system in the submission page. In fact, there's a "game" entry for the piecepack game system even though it's not a game in itself (Icehouse is at least also a game). It'd be nice if game systems had they're own type of entries in the database, and when people submit a game that is part of the system, it shows as a sub-item from the system.

-Jorge

On Feb 20, 2008 2:12 AM, Jason Spears <spielboy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Feb 19, 2008 6:58 PM, Jorge Arroyo <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I didn't say so before, but I'll do it now: I also think the contest should
> stay. It's great for stimulating creativity and refining the games.
>
> About the 2.0 features I think they'd be a bonus. A site like BGG is too
> general and the small things get lost in the multitude of content. A better
> database for the wiki would be beneficial to the community, although I
> wouldn't say it's a necessity right now. I wish BGG would add a way to group
> games from gamesystems and have the gamesystem page offer a list of games,
> ranks, etc...

Jorge, Are you familar with this page?
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/Icehouse_Pieces

Seems to me, that between tags, geeklists, and wikipages, BGG offers
everything you'd want. Also the conversation/talk/discussion about the
system could easily take place in a Guild.

-Jason