[Icehouse] Icehouse game book

  • FromDoug Orleans <dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 21 Feb 2008 13:37:05 -0500
David Artman writes:
 > I tried to suggest a new POD pyramid game book about 18 months ago. I
 > offered to do all layout, editing, image creation, print-provider
 > liaison--the works. With designers' permission, I was going to make a
 > book of the top 20 games for demoing (I was also going to make a book of
 > all single-stash and -set games; might still). Basically, the Looneys
 > need only give me permission to post to Lulu on their behalf (or do
 > their own uploading) and the book would be available indefinitely,
 > checks rolling in. It was a no-go ("we're swamped with a billion things
 > to do, and I don't know that we'll have time to put into such a project
 > in the next year").

I'm confused.  Why do you need anything at all from Looney Labs?  If
you get all the designers' permissions, you can just publish the book
yourself.  I don't even think the term "Icehouse" is trademarked.  If
you want to publish a book, just publish a book.  If you want to be
provocative you could even call it "The Unauthorized Guide to Icehouse
Games" or something.

--dougorleans@xxxxxxxxx