RE: [Icehouse] Does the IGDC matter?

  • DateThu, 21 Feb 2008 11:39:49 -0700
> From: "Jason Spears" <spielboy@xxxxxxxxx>
> If the book was somewhere in the $20 price range, I'd probably pick
> one up myself. (Or at least bug the wife to get it for b-day or
> father's day.)

At Lulu, there are 80-page books--approximate size for 20 games plus all
FM/BM--ranging from $10 to $20, depending upon the use of (a) color
interior pages and (b) heavy cover lamination. This is also adjustable
based on the profit desired by the author, after costs. I imagine that
would be rather small--from, say, $3 to $5--given that the Looneys are
being donated the book's proceeds (excepting those games by Kristin and
Andy that are included) and the REAL point is mainly to get another book
out with great games, at cons and FLGSs (mine deals with IPR and Lulu,
no problem).

Anyhow... I was around 60% finished--just adding games and editing
away--when I lost my steam. It would not take very long to ramp back up,
though, if I felt a POD option was available (see previous post for why
I have a limited interest in working on a free-download PDF).

David