Re: [Icehouse] Zark City: Can a player attack her own piece?

  • FromKristin <kristin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 25 Feb 2008 13:04:12 -0500
a link for anyone who missed Andy's update this week:
     <http://wunderland.com/WhatsOld/2008/WN.02.21.08.html>

--On Feb 25, 2008  Carl Worth <cworth@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

First of all, Andy, thanks for Zark City!

My wife gave me Lost Cities in December, and we've been playing an
awful lot of it, (and enjoying it very much). But I'm a big pyramid
fan and always looking for excuses to pull out the pyramids, (she
loves Zendo, but we don't find that satisfying with just two players).

Meanwhile, the oversized cards of Lost Cities have always seemed
rather gratuitous, but Zark City looks like it will take great
advantage of them. So I'm definitely looking forward to playing this
game soon.

One quick clarification on the rules: Is it legal to attack a piece of
your own color, (to be able to remove it from the board and then
grow or spawn it somewhere else?).

The rule as written doesn't specifically forbid this, so I assume it's
legal and perhaps an important element of gameplay, (presumably the
stash gets scarce fairly quickly). If this is intentional, the rules
might benefit from additional language to say so explicitly. And if
that's not intentional, then the rules definitely need to be amended
to forbid that.

Thanks again,

-Carl