Re: [Icehouse] World War 5: An analysis

  • From"S Myers" <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 25 Nov 2008 16:14:17 -0500
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Andy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is incorrect. All continents have 9 international connections.

Oh dear.  Okay, rechecking my work, let's see ..... Ah-Ha!  I missed
one connection, fFrom what we might call "The U.S." to "Western
Europe."  Interesting, yes, that does give two countries 4
connections.  Which seems like it might make the case just a little
bit stronger to play N.Am. and invade Europe, simply because they both
have that strong link between each other.  But then again, of those 4
connections, half of them go to other continents -- and, are actually
the only paths between those continents!  So those countries with 4
links are prone to being volatile, unstable territory.  Possibly.

> Another important point is that each continent is connected to each other continent.

I noticed that, yes.  It has always annoyed me, in Risk and others,
that some continents simply don't connect, especially ones that
should.

--
It's always a long day.
86400 doesn't fFit into a short.