Re: [Icehouse] Some questions for icehouse game designers for college students creating their own games

  • FromS Myers <iamthecheeze@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 12 Feb 2009 15:56:58 -0500
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 3:19 PM, Jorge Arroyo <trozo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ... they're perfect for mixing with ... piecepack sets ...
> -Jorge

Oh, yes, piecepack is a good system, and highly compatible with
icehouse.  Where Icehouse is a system of playing pieces, piecepack is
a system of mostly tiles and tokens, which is quite nice in some
cases.  One of the coolest icehouse games is Alien City, which is an
icehouse/piecepack cross-over.  I mention it, Kim, because your
students might be interested in using some other parts in their game
construction projects, possibly.

You can learn more here:
http://www.piecepack.org/
A picture of the entire 4th edition standard piecepack system is here:
http://www.mesomorph.com/images/FourthEditionFull.jpg

You can buy a copy of the system through mesomorph games, but they are
notoriously slow to respond.  A common consensus is that the best
piecepack set is the one you make yourself.

(Incidentally, I haven't made any games worth talking about.  I've
made some variants to existing games, which I think is a basically
valid thing, but not really worthy of your questions.  Then again, my
entire missive isn't really in answer to any of your questions.
Cheers!)

--
It's always a long day.
86400 doesn't fFit into a short.