Re: [Icehouse] Zendo rules

  • From"Daniel W. Johnson" <panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 7 Mar 2009 11:36:36 -0500
At 02:51 -0700 2009-03-07, David L. Willson wrote:
Zendo rules that lead to bad karma (and a possible thumping)

"if ... all groups of touching pyramids have a total pip-count of 7."  -Max

He got a drubbing.

"if ... there is a complete nest and a complete tree in any stack." -Davey

We were too worn out to kick his butt so we all just went to bed.

The one we always refer to as uber-evil is this one, "if ... the number of black pyramids is a prime number." I don't know who the author is.

If I want to talk about a hypothetical evil rule, I use something like "if ... the number of non-large pyramids is square and the number of non-blue pips is fibonacci." And one I've seen that led to everyone just leaving involved having three stacks that formed a correct addition statement.

As for me, the second rule I created led to having to recycle koans and just about ran out of guessing stones (because by the end, everyone was getting the Mondos correct): "if ... the numbers of each size and color are even."

And of course, word-count limits aren't always a guarantee of simplicity: "if ... it's a monocolored tree".
--
Daniel W. Johnson
panoptes@xxxxxxxxxx