Re: [Icehouse] Opinions solicited concerning the paradigm shift.

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 11 Mar 2009 16:19:50 -0400
On Wednesday, March 11, 2009, at 04:05PM, "Andy Looney" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Do any of you feel that there has been a more productive and/or creative
>> crop of games coming out these days, or not?  Why or why not?
>
>I believe I've been on a roll recently because I've started focusing on
>designing games for the 3HOUSE set. Starting with Black ICE and including
>Zark City, World War 5, and two more new games I have nearly done but not
>yet declassified, I've been finding that 9 pyramids of a color is a sweet
>spot that's better in some ways than either 15 or 3. It's like a Goldilocks
>thing -- a full stash is too many pieces of each color, a Treehouse set
>provides too few... but a 3HOUSE stash is Just Right.

While personally Zendo is my favorite Icehouse game I've played, I appreciate the 3HOUSE games much more than any others, as more of my friends prefer and play those, especially (far and away) World War 5. I think by now I've played more WW5 games than any other Icehouse games combined, and it is on track to eclipse Fluxx by the end of the summer.

I look forward to seeing if the new stuff can dethrone WW5.

>> And in a slightly off-topic comment, I just heard Andy's podcast
>> mentioning "Are you the Traitor?" and think it sounds like the most
>> brilliant idea from Andy in quite a while.  It sounds like the first
>> really original take on Werewolf by anyone for a long time.
>
>Cool, I'm glad you think so! I'm pretty excited about it too -- I see
>people responding to it like that have to very few of my other games. I
>think it's gonna be a big hit.

Yeah, when can we buy it already? :)