Re: [Icehouse] Opinions solicited concerning the paradigm shift.

  • FromAndy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 11 Mar 2009 15:05:31 -0500
Do any of you feel that there has been a more productive and/or creative
crop of games coming out these days, or not?  Why or why not?

I believe I've been on a roll recently because I've started focusing on designing games for the 3HOUSE set. Starting with Black ICE and including Zark City, World War 5, and two more new games I have nearly done but not yet declassified, I've been finding that 9 pyramids of a color is a sweet spot that's better in some ways than either 15 or 3. It's like a Goldilocks thing -- a full stash is too many pieces of each color, a Treehouse set provides too few... but a 3HOUSE stash is Just Right.

And in a slightly off-topic comment, I just heard Andy's podcast
mentioning "Are you the Traitor?" and think it sounds like the most
brilliant idea from Andy in quite a while.  It sounds like the first
really original take on Werewolf by anyone for a long time.

Cool, I'm glad you think so! I'm pretty excited about it too -- I see people responding to it like that have to very few of my other games. I think it's gonna be a big hit.

-- Andy