Re: [Icehouse] homeworlds, variant start rule, pie

  • FromRob Bryan <2short2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 1 Apr 2009 18:25:12 -0600
On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:52 PM, Joshua Kronengold <mneme@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Harold Tessmann III writes:
>>I haven't seen any discussion of a Settlers of Catan style setup
>>phase.
>
> It's possible, but I think it's likely overkill.

I agree.  In fact, that's actually a good summary of my opinion on all
alternate start schemes.

While it's interesting and fun to contemplate alternatives, I'd really
like to note that in my opinion, the standard, usual (at least on SDG)
1st-Builder-1st is perfectly fine.
I do think it's better to be first in that system, but I've yet to see
a game where I thought that was the difference in who won.