Re: [Icehouse] Binary Homeworlds: Start player house rule and strength of banker opening

  • FromChristopher Van Lenten <cvanlenten@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 31 Mar 2009 15:34:56 -0400
Except that, since you're each pulling out of a shared stash, it's not exactly secret which pyramids you're using.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 1:36 PM, Don Sheldon <don.sheldon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/31/09, Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So, I think second-builder-plays-first is more balanced, and a good
> > answer for tournaments, blood feuds, etc.  But I'm not sure I'd want
> > to play that way every time because it makes things more predictable.
> >

> If you want to reduce predictability, why not have each player build their
> homeworld behind a screen with simultaneous reveal, so no player has the
> benefit of reaction? (Caveat: I haven't figured out how to play yet, so take
> my suggestion with a block of salt.)

That would certainly be unpredictable...  And as long as no one wants
to do anything bizarre like build an all large blue or yellow
homeworld and fleet, it should work too.

--
 bizarre, but still playable, unlike any other color