[Icehouse] Best of 2009 awards - number, design

  • FromBryan Stout <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 7 Jun 2010 11:46:33 -0400
Here are my other questions for the community about the awards:

2.  The number of awards.  I propose that we give out 3 awards -- 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.  I would like to recognize the creativity I see shown in last year's designs, and I want to encourage more creative designs in the future.  I'm not saying that 3 awards (or even 1) is mandatory. There should only be awards for games we'd think publishers would seriously consider.  We won't let any finalist fall short of that criterion, and we could let voters pick "No award" as an option for finalists they don't think worthy.  Still, I think there are enough entries from last year good enough that we could give 3 awards.  Your thoughts?

3.  The design of the awards.  My basic thought was to get some inexpensive trophies from a local business that makes them, and place gold-painted pyramids atop them.  Variations include:
A) 1st has a large, 2nd a medium, 3rd a small pyramid.
B) 1st has a tree, 2nd a truncated tree (medium on a large), 3rd a single large pyramid.
C) 1st has a stack of 3 larges, 2nd a stack of 3 mediums, 3rd a stack of 3 small pyramids.
Here is a link to an image I made of these ideas: http://icehousegames.org/wiki/index.php?title=Image:Trophies_small.PNG
Comments, suggestions, other ideas?

Bryan