[Icehouse] IIT Scores

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 04 Jul 2010 15:02:56 -0400

I have posted the score sheets for the 20th (finally) and 21st (already)
International Icehouse Tournaments on my web site. Access them through
the main table at -

http://www.ee0r.com/icehouse/

The observant will note that in this year's tournament, I was the first
person in more than ten years to make it into the finals without even a
single ice-off win. The only other I was able to find was Andy back in
1998. Similar to Andy back then, my scoresum in the ice-offs was very
high, I just couldn't win any games.

I'll explain a bit about the structure of the tournament. Since we only
had five players, we just played five games with one player sitting out
each game. At first we thought we might just skip the finals and award
the championship to the person with the highest ice-off rating, but we
discussed it after the fourth game and decided to go for a single,
winner-take-all final game.

The Cooler Than Ice sportsmanship award was given in the standard way,
with a vote by the players after the Ice-offs, but before the finals.
However, each player only had one vote instead of the usual three.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx