Re: [Icehouse] first impressions on Pharaoh

  • From"David L. Willson" <DLWillson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 8 Dec 2010 14:37:58 -0700 (MST)
----- "Bryan Stout" <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Ryan Hackel <deeplogic@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > I played my first session of Pharaoh on Sunday night.  (For those of
> you who didn't notice, Andy released Pharaoh online last week as the
> LL holiday gift this year, in lieu of an actual mailing.)
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> How did you hear about this?  I don't think I've gotten any email
> about the LL holiday gift, and a search on the LL website does not
> include a pointer to the game.  I was finally able to find it by
> finding the entry on the Icehouse.org wiki, and following the link to
> the rules page.
>
> Are they not actually doing a mailing this year?  If not, have they
> already sent an electronic greeting?  Given the current economy I
> could understand, though I always enjoy getting the card with
> whatever
> treat it includes.  But I hope it hasn't actually been sent -- it
> would be deflating to not even get an email, and have to dig a lot to
> find what I was supposed to get.
>
> Bryan

Ditto me.

Having an "But I thought we were friends..." moment. :-(

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
RHCE MCT MCSE Network+ A+ Linux+ LPIC-1 NovellCLA UbuntuCP
tel://720.333.LANS
Freedom is better when you earn it. Learn Linux.