Re: [Icehouse] On the Creation of (Looney Pyramid) Games...

  • Fromvijay chopra <vjchopra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 28 Mar 2011 12:40:03 +0100
On the legality point - you can't copyright the rules of games, only
their layout; so you don't technically have to give any credit at all
if you re-write the rules in a different format for a different games
system.

Ethically, it's totally your choice; "inspired by x" is a nice
gesture, but can bring about problems with trademarks, a megacorp like
Hasbro might decide to sue you if you put an "inspired by x" on your
rules as "x" is their trademark. Jut google for the scrabulous lawsuit
to see how petty they can be.

regards,
Vijay