[Rabbits] [Event] ConnectiCon Demos by Chris Cieslik

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 13 Jul 2006 02:11:47 -0400
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Chris Cieslik has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=red9

========
Title: ConnectiCon Demos
Location: Hartford, CT
Date: July 7-9 2006

Fresh off momentum from Origins, I took a Looney Display full of games to ConnectiCon.  I set up a demo table with TreeHouse on it, rotating in Fluxx, Chrononauts, Aquarius, and a couple of my own games over the weekend for variety.  Response was very good.  Many were drawn over by "ooh, pretty pyramids" and were very interested when informed of what they were!  I handed out most of my Treehouse brochures to these folks.  Sales went pretty well also.

It was interesting to see the reaction of a non-gaming crowd to the Looney products (ConnectiCon is primarily an anime convention).  Many people recognized Fluxx, though most were surprised when I explained that the Treehouse pieces were by the same company.  Most had not encountered EcoFluxx or the other card games before, though were interested enough to demo them based on Fluxx's reputation.  The overall response was quite favorable, and I'm eager to bring to more anime events.  I think giant pyramids would play VERY well in such settings.