Re: [Rabbits] store ordering

  • FromTheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 7 Dec 2006 08:17:24 -0600
Ordering direct usually doesn't give a cheaper price because companies really don't want to undercut their distributors (if they did, why would the distributors carry their product).

Instead, ordering direct is usually rewarded with promotional things (in the case of wizards, tournament prizes and stuff).

However, ordering direct usually comes at a cost to the store since if you order from a distributor in sufficient quantity, they typically run a discount based on how much you buy. So the store would not get that discount for the product ordered direct, and the product wouldn't aid in getting a discount on everything else.

So there's good reasons for ordering direct and through a distributor, but neither has enough impact to change the price at retail. (actually, what would change the retail price is a promotional allowance [sale]... I saw some information on the retailers page, perhaps you should point it out or send a link so he can consider it for his next round of advertising [sale prices must appear in advertising in order for him to get the discount and then pass on that savings])

-Evan (who knows too damn much on how the distribution industry works)