[Rabbits] Lab coats and demos

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 3 Jan 2007 13:48:14 -0600
On 1/3/07, Kimberly Terrill <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx> wrote to the Icehouse List:

slightly off topic-- how bad bunny is it to not wear my labcoat to demos? And should I wear it to the open game day (for Rabbits but hoping to get newbies to come and learn, too)

----Kimberly

I thought I'd bring the discussion over here, since it's general rabbity stuff.

In my opinion, Rabbits are Rabbits whether they wear lab coats or bunny ears or top hats .... or not.  Clothes do not a Rabbit make. Enthusiasm, joy, love of the games.... and the need to share that with others... THAT's what makes a Rabbit.

The reason the lab coats work is because it's a brand that's developed over the last 10 years or so... people KNOW that if you're wearing a lab coat and have ears on... or are wearing tie-dye under the lab coat... you MUST be with Looney Labs and know how to play Fluxx or Aquarius or whatever.  It's an EASY way to see who of us is a Rabbit in a crowded room - a very needed thing in conventions.  But I've done store demo's without a lab coat or even tie-dye on... and I was still being a Rabbit.

I do not want anyone who doesn't have a lab coat (or access to borrow one) to not feel like they're a Rabbit - or to feel like they can't do demos.  Go, enjoy the time - be YOURSELF - and have fun!  That's the most important part!

Anyway, that's how I see it.
Carol