[Rabbits] [Event] COSCon XIX by Patrick Rockhill

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 12 Mar 2007 11:39:22 -0500
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Patrick Rockhill has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=SwiftFox

========
Title: COSCon XIX
Location: Butler, Pennsylvania
Date: March 10-11, 2007

Rabbit Event Report
COSCon XIX; March 9-11, 2007; Butler, PA

Over Saturday, March 10, and Sunday, March 11, Sheri, Elliot and I hosted a total of 12 hours, split into three four hour sessions, of Looney Labs game demonstrations and shared them with about 20 attendees at COSCon XIX.

Our Saturday game session, from 9am until 1pm, found me entertaining seven convention attendees, two of which were retailers from the dealer?s room, in six games of ?Are You a Werewolf??  Meanwhile, Sheri and Elliot walked other attendees through two games of Chrononauts and eventually a game or two of the Fluxx family of games.

Sunday morning the three of us returned to the convention again to host more game demos from 9am to 1pm.  We had two attendees who had heard about our games through friends, but had never played them.  The five of us played at least two games of each, in no specific order: Fluxx, Treehouse, Early American Chrononauts, Aquarius, and NanoFictionary.

The two convention attendees who played with us Sunday morning returned to take part in the ?Giant Pyramid? game session from 2-6pm.  Together we hosted several games of Ice Towers, three games of Zendo and a game of Volcano.  We gave out at least a dozen Ice Towers and Volcano game cards, out of our accumulated Ice 7 game packs, to players and spectators alike to encourage them to participate.   Dozens of Mini-Catalogs were distributed over the course of Saturday and Sunday?s sessions as well.

As these are Pittsburgh?s only local gaming conventions, we are looking forward to continuing to represent Looney Labs at this venue in 2008 and at SIBCon XII, September 7-9, 2007, also hosted by Circle of Swords.