[Rabbits] Game con for soldiers in Iraq

  • From"Laurie J. Rich" <knitmeapony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 13 Apr 2007 10:52:22 -0500
I thought this was fascinating (discovered by way of John Kovalic and
Tom Smith):

Ziggurat Con is a a one-day gaming convention to be held June 9... at
Camp Adder/Tallil Airbase in Iraq.

Tom Smith is planning on sending over some CDs, I'm going to send some
Looney Stuff with my Rabbit card attached -- that way if they want to
email-chat about games and things, they can.

The main contact is david.amberson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Donations can also be sent to SPC Amberson directly at the following address:

SPC David Amberson
A Co 86th Sig Bn
APO, AE 09331

With the troops recently being told they were going to be serving an
extra 3 months in Iraq, I think peace-loving, fun, hippy stuff is just
the kind of thing to lift some spirits.  Anyone else with me?

Laurie.
--
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not