Re: [Rabbits] Re: Timothy Hunt and Ziggurat

  • From"Timothy Hunt" <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 20 Apr 2007 00:16:10 -0500
On 4/19/07, Evert <e_cuesta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tim,

I have a solution to your quandry.

I am a Rabbit and a Retailer.

I'd be more than happy to pool monies, order and send invoice any Rabbits who want to
send something to Ziggurat, that way, thresholds are met, everyone gets a discount
and everyone gets to feel all warm and fuzzy.

Well, no offense, but I really don't know you from Adam (evidenced in
part by the fact you call me Tim and not Timothy).  But it's not just
about getting the discounts.  Looney Labs constantly tell us "Support
your local game store".  We are positively encouraged not to buy
regular product from the site.  We, as Rabbits, are instructed to tell
people to buy from their local gamestore, unless there is no local
store, and then and only then should be point people to the site.  So
I would want to support my local game store, not one I have no
connection with.  (Where are you, by the way?  You give no indication
of where your store is located, so I couldn't look you up on the
Retailer Roster.  Maybe this IS something that would work for your
local rabbits).  So, normally I would support my FLGS.   When we are
encouraged to buy directly from them I have to wonder why.    Is it
because we can get a discount on the games?  No... is it because LL
will do an explicit 1-1 or 1-2 match?  Not that I can see...  So I'm
left wondering.

Timothy