[Rabbits] RE: Scientific Fluxx

  • FromAndrew Plotkin <erkyrath@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 28 Jun 2007 14:56:23 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Chris Simms wrote:

The mention of Scientific Fluxx certainly got me thinking! I think
it would have huge educational value and simultaneously be
appealing to a great deal of gaming geeks.

And gaming geeks with kids.

I wouldn't position it as "another one of the Religious Fluxx decks", mind you. Rather, it would fit alongside Eco.

Science is a broad topic, of course... I mean, ecology is a science itself. What do you imagine as the subject of a "science" deck? Other than flashbacks to a classroom in high school.

I'm not sure that a Science deck per se would work. But Chemistry, Astronomy, etc have potential.

Acid and Base and Salt, Organic and Inorganic, Water... Water goes with anything... Catalyst...

Planet, Star, Galaxy; Red Giant, Red Dwarf, etc, etc; Nova, Supernova, Black Hole; Microwave Background; Life...

Igneous, Metamorphic, Sedimentary; Crystal; Continental Drift; Clastic...

(A lot of these idea sets fall into "X is a Y" relations. That would make a good underlying Fluxx card mechanic for them.)

--Z

*
9/11 did change everything. Since 9/12, the biggest threat to American
society has been the American president. I'd call that a change.