Re: [Rabbits] About an ADULT vs FAMILY FRIENDLY venue aka, gamer bar

  • Fromcheryl anderson <cherylllr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 7 Aug 2007 10:01:36 -0700 (PDT)
Cheryl, I totally respect your pov - of course
well-behaved children are to be encouragaged to
game.

I just want to add that sometimes even people
(like me) who have well-behaved gaming kids and
moreover who don't drink *still* want an adult
section.  I'd love to patronize a venue that had
a family-friendly section and a separate adult
section.  Whether the open hours are different or
not doesn't really matter to me - I can either
find a babysitter, cousin/ friend for my kids or
bring them and let them play with others' kids...
but meanwhile I can stay sober and still cuss and
let my hair down.... :)

Hi from the other normally lurking Cheryl... :)

--- Cheryl Orosz <cherylo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> First, you are conflating a "family friendly"
> environment, which has
> freedom from sexual innuendo and four letter
> words, with a bad-behavior
> zone.  Being "family friendly" has very little
> to do with keeping kids
> from seeing alcohol, as you should very well
> know.  It has to do with
> the sorts of adult behavior that often happens
> around alcohol, including
> suggestive sexual language and swearing.

Share books, share fun!  See:
http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf/cherylllr